our first (memorable) thanksgiving.11.2007
this trip to D.C. was supposed to be a relaxing time with family (Mom, Dad and Megs)...however, from the moment we arrived on Wednesday night, I was plagued with the dreadful flu-the first time in 15 years-not a bad record, although I don't want to relive that EVER again. after spending two days on the floor of the bathroom (husband by my side most of the time), I finally joined the land of the living and made it out for dinner (watching others eat more than actually eating) and a Washington Wizards (basketball) game.
here's a shot of us (Frank, me, Renee, and Megs) at the game. my awesome sister got us primo seats (almost courtside).
we also did some sightseeing around D.C. and made a stop at Arlington Cemetary. check out the beautiful fall foliage!
at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, we spent some time talking with a guard who was in the Cemetary on September 11--seing the plane hit the Pentagon (just over the hill behind Megs and me beyond the trees in the picture below). it was fascinating to get a perspective of a man who was so close to the conflict and had to secure the tourists in the area on that fateful day.
getting stuck in a tree in the Cemetary...
overall, it was a great trip (if I can just forget that I spent most of the holiday with my head over a toilet)...

1 Comments:
you go girl, just in time for this thanksgiving! :-) fun to see the new pictures!
Post a Comment
<< Home